It’s all off - and it’s all over for another year for a group of nudists who descended on a sleepy Doncaster area village for a week long naturist festival.
Scores of campers spent the week enjoying barbecues in the buff, disrobed darts and stripped-off singing as the annual Nudestock Festival brought naturists from all over the country to Wroot.
Dairy farmer Colin Wood, along with wife Carol and daughter Angie Cox, hosted the eight-day gathering at their Candy Farm home.
Said Colin: “We had about 80 people attending and we all enjoyed some good naked time outside.
“Luckily, the weather was sunny and everything went very well.”
Guests were also able to enjoy naked yoga, nude Scottish country dancing as well as other pursuits such as petanque, countryside strolls and live musical entertainment from an Irish country music band and Britain’s Got Talent star, electric violinist Alexandra Parker.
Another guest, who declined to be named, said: “It was our first camping weekend.
“We picked Candy Farm because Nudestock was on and it wasn’t far to travel.
“We took part in the It’s A Knockout games and just relaxed outside the tent with a drink or three while cooking dinner on a beautiful evening. We met lots of old and new friends and danced till we couldn’t stand up to the Irish band. It was a very enjoyable stay.”
Colin, 63, and Carol, 59, hit on the idea of opening their own campsite for like-minded men, women and children in 2005.
He said: “We couldn’t leave the farm because of the cows needing milking, so we invited some naturists friends over to spend the weekend with us. That was when we thought we could open up our own site.”
Since then, the couple have received visitors from across the country, working in conjunction with national organisation British Naturism, which manages the site and festival, which ﬁrst started six years ago.
Preparations for next year’s festival are already under way.
* Visit www.candyfarmcampsite.co.uk for more details.
* British Naturism traces its origins to 1891 when a short lived society called the Fellowship For The Naked Trust’ was formed in British India.
* The UK’s first naturist campsite was set up in Wickford, Essex in 1924
* The UK is believed to have more than 16,000 registered naturists
* Celebrity fans of naturism are said to include actress Dame Helen Mirren, singer Robbie Williams, actor Kevin Bacon and songstress Celine Dion.
* There are dozens of nudist swim groups, beaches and clubs across the UK where naturists gather on a regular basis to indulge in their hobby.
* For more details about naturism in the UK, visit www.bn.org.uk