This was the scene at a well-known Isle picnic area this week as council bosses were called in to take action after travellers set up camp.
North Lincolnshire Council started the wheels rolling to obtain a court order to force the group to move from the site, off the A161, between Epworth and Belton.
A spokesperson said there were around 10 caravans on the land, which arrived late last week.
A council representative visited the travellers last Thursday, and asked them to move on.
The spokesman said that the travellers had located on the Belton Amenity Site.
Legal experts at the authority had started moves to obtain a court order to move them on.
As Epworth Bells went to press it was confirmed that the travellers were no longer on the site.
Speaking on Tuesday evening, Belton Parish councillor Tony Ferris said: “When I came though Epworth half an hour ago they were gone, and they left a nice, tidy area behind.”
Information given on the North Lincolnshire council website states that they cannot immediately remove travellers, and must first carry out a number of checks.
It states “We must make enquiries regarding the general health, welfare and children’s education, ensure that the Human Rights Act 1998 has been fully complied with and follow a set procedure in terms of proving ownership of land. This will enable us to fully obtain the necessary authority from the courts to order the travellers to leave.
“Our Gypsy Liaison Officer will visit the travellers to find out if they have any specific needs. These could be social, health or educational needs. If such needs are identified these would have to be considered in any action we take. The relevant authorities will be informed and consulted at all times.”
The council have commissioned the University of Salford to conduct an assessment of traveller site needs in the area in an attempt to gain a greater understanding of the needs of the community.