Residents have reported seeing a large pavement explosion after electrical cables caught fire under a Doncaster street.
Firefighters from Rotherham were called to St Vincent's Avenue in Wheatley at 7.15am after electrical cable ignited underground.
Residents have been left without power following the incident.
Resident Damian Drobny said: "It was next to my flat, first there was loud explosion and then a loud noise of electric cables burning and a lot of smoke, sparks and fire.
"By 8am the fire was out, Fireman told me to stay at home."
Mr Drobny said residents had been told the power would be back on by about 2pm.