RE-APPEAL: Police continue hunt for Doncaster serial sex attacker
A serial sex attacker who targeted women in the Doncaster villages of Denaby and Conisbrough remains at large.
South Yorkshire Police have now made a fresh appeal for people to come forward with information about the incidents, some of which happened in broad daylight.
The assaults date back to 2014 when five women and a teenage girl were attacked at Denaby Crags. Officers said at the time they believed the same man was responsible.
Early last year a further incident took place in Conisbrough when a 23-year-old woman was grabbed and touched ‘inappropriately.’ And in August, a 42-year-old woman who was out jogging was sexually assaulted.
Other incidents have included assaults on a 51-year-old woman and a 38-year-old woman on July 11. On August 13, a 23-year-old woman was assaultedon Wadworth Street at 6.55am. A man also assaulted a 26-year-old woman on September 27 on Denaby Avenue and a 26-year-old on November 20.
Temporary detective superintendent Chris Singleton said: “This remains an active and ongoing investigation, with officers continuing to explore a number of lines of enquiry.
“I’d like to reassure the local community and the wider public in Doncaster that there have been no similar offences of this nature reported in recent months, but this does not deter the team from their efforts to identify the individual or individuals involved.
“While arrests have been made in connection with the reported assaults and exposures, nobody has yet been charged so I’d repeat our appeal for anyone with information to come forward and speak to police.”
Anyone with information about any of the incidents is asked to call police on 101.