Dearne MP backs new hospice charity

Dearne MP John Healey and Donna Air.
Dearne MP John Healey and Donna Air.

Dearne MP John Healey is urging residents to get behind a unique online shopping website which donates all proceeds towards helping people who are seriously ill.

The Wath-based Labour politician was at the Westminister launch of, which is the only charity owned and run shopping website that gives 100 per cent of the money that it makes through commission directly to charities.

The site offers over 12 million products which gives commission from all purchases to charity – without costing the customer a penny.

A total of 80 per cent of the commission generated through each purchase goes to a registered charity of the shopper’s choice, and the remaining 20 per cent goes to the Care2Save Charitable Trust, which supports hospice and palliative care in the UK.

Mr Healey said Dearne residents treated in hospices in Barnsley, Rotherham and Doncaster would directly benefit from the new venture.

He added: “It was great to attend the Care2Save event and to find out more about hospice care in the constituency.

“I am delighted to support and can’t believe how easy it makes it to raise funds for our local hospices – and in fact for all local charities this Christmas.”

Mr Healey also met actress Donna Air at the event, who is also supporting the scheme.

Andrea Fragata Ladeira, chief executive officer of Care2Save, said: “We have the opportunity to transform the hospice sector and raise significant sums for other charities.”