Pan fire at Doncaster house

editorial image

The occupant of a house in Balby, Doncaster, was treated for smoke inhalation after a weekend fire.

Fire crews from Edlington and Doncaster were called to Woodfield Road after a pan left on a stove caught fire and filled the kitchen with smoke.

The occupant was already out when the fire service arrived but did not need to go to hospital.

An accidental fire swept through an area of about 50 square metres on an allotment plot off Wheatley Hall Road, Wheatley, on Saturday evening, also destroying garden furniture.