Man in hospital after house fire

Chip pan fire demonstration.
Chip pan fire demonstration.

A BENTLEYman was taken to hospital after he was rescued from a kitchen fire by his neighbour last night.

The neighbour, who was on his balcony on Askern Road, ran to the property on Rosedale Road after spotting smoke coming from a downstairs window at around 7.45pm.

The 65 year-old occupant was given oxygen at the scene before being taken to Doncaster Royal Infirmary.

The extent of his injuries is not known at this stage.

Firefighters from Adwick and Doncaster tackled the fire, which is believed to have started in a chip pan.

Fire crews left the scene at just before 9pm.