Man hurt in Doncaster hostel fire

South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service.
South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service.

A MAN needed medical attention for smoke inhalation after a fire in a Doncaster hostel.

Fire crews were called to the premises in Christ Church Road on Saturday night after a bedroom on the second floor began filling with smoke.

A man in his 50s was suffering from the effects of smoke, said a fire service spokesman.

The cause was believed to have been an electrical fault in a bedside lamp which began giving off smoke.