Man arrested in connection with Doncaster dogs theft

The alleged dog-napper
The alleged dog-napper

Officers have now arrested a 32-year-old man in connection with the theft of two Pekenese dogs that were allegedly stolen from their owner’s front garden in Moorends.

The two Pekingese dogs, Marley and Mitzy, were allegedly stolen from the front garden of Adele Worgan’s in South Road, Moorends at around midday on April 4.

Marley and Mitzy have allegedly been stolen from a house in South Road, Moorends.

Marley and Mitzy have allegedly been stolen from a house in South Road, Moorends.

The 32 year-old man has been bailed pending further enquiries.

The investigation continues and officers would like to hear from anyone that may have witnessed the incident.

The dogs have not been recovered, and Mrs Worgan says her family will ‘never stop looking for them’.

Mrs Worgan’s husband, Steven, was at home at the time of the alleged incident, when the dogs were let out into the front garden while he was inside.

The alleged dog-napper

The alleged dog-napper

He heard a yelp, and when he got into his front garden he says he saw a man get into a van with the dogs and drive off.

Mr Worgan chased after the van, but was unable to catch up with it.

The couple reported the incident to the police on Saturday, and are now offering a £1,000 reward to anyone who can return Marley and Mitzy to them.

“We just want them back,” said Mrs Worgan.

She continued: “We’ll give £1,000 to whoever brings them back to us, no questions asked.

“It’s absolutely devastating. None of us have been able to sleep or eat since it happened.

“They’re like our babies.”

Mrs Worgan’s neighbour believes they have caught the alleged dog-napper on their private CCTV system.

In the footage provided a man can be seen running while holding a dog under each arm.

The youngest of the two dogs, Marley, a black Pekingese pooch, only has one eye.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of the animals is asked to contact Mrs Worgan on 01405 741397 or to contact South Yorkshire police on 101 quoting incident number 428 of April 4 2015.