A landmark Doncaster pub has reverted to its original name after its second name change in six months.
Nelsons, on the corner of Cleveland Street and Printing Office Street, is now set to re-open as The Lord Nelson. It only changed its name back to Nelsons in January of this year.
The pub was originally called The Lord Nelson and still features a sculpture of the feted British naval hero and his ship on its exterior.
It was later shortened to Nelsons before spells as Players, a lap-dancing club and Loaded, a sports bar.
New signs have been erected at the bar, spelling out the Lord Nelson in black and white while a pub sign featuring a portrait of the naval hero, who died at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805, has also been erected.
The venue has had a chequered history since losing its Nelsons name more than a decade ago.
In 2014, plans to revert the bar to a strip joint were twice rejected by Doncaster Council after opposition from business owners and a nearby women’s centre.
Then, later the same year, an investigation was launched after a fire drama at the pub which brought the town centre to a standstill on Mad Friday.
Firefighters tackled the blaze shortly before Christmas 2014 after builders working at the pub accidentally set timbers on the flat roof alight.
Windows were also smashed in a £2,000 brick attack in June the same year and the pub has also been barred from playing pre-recorded music in the past.