Your health champions have been honoured in a glittering award ceremony at Doncaster racecourse.
Earlier this year the Free Press teamed up with health chiefs to open nominations for the Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Staff Stars Awards.
Over the last few weeks our readers have been busy nominating unsung health heroes and voting for their Star of the Year.
And this week, Doncaster’s health stars were recognised for their hard work.
The evening’s host was BBC Look North’s Harry Gration who said it was an ‘honour’ to present the awards to some of the borough’s hardest working professionals.
A total of 12 awards have been given out during the course of the evening. They were:
• Leader of the year - Laura Dicaccia
• Unsung hero - Amanda Vasey
• Volunteer of the year - David Davies
• Efficiency improvement award - End of Life Team DRI for the ‘Alert’ system
• Most caring person - Emily Woodward
• Educator of the year - Moya Bolton
• Learner of the year - Mark Holland
• Researcher of the year - Alex Thompson
• Innovator of the year - Microbiology Maldi Tof project team
• Overall team of the year - Team Ward 22
• Overall individual star of the year - Emma Sweeting
• Chairman’s award - Bassetlaw Hospital A&E Department