Doncaster house fires

editorial image

An electrical fault is believed to have started a house fire in Mexborough early today.

Dearne fire crews were called to Maple Road around 5am where one of the bedrooms was on fire but the house was unoccupied. They forced entry to put the flames out.

A fire in the garage of a house in Vicarage Way, Arksey, last night was also caused by an electrical defect.

The tumble drier went up in flamesjust before 9pm but was contained in the garage.

A van parked on land off Station Road, Dunscroft, was destroyed in an arson attack around 1am today.