A Doncaster football hooligan who brawled in the street after an England match has been told in court he is heading towards a life-long ban.
Boozed-up Adam Lowe had drunk 10 pints of beer during the course of the evening of June 20, when England played Slovakia in the Euros, Doncaster Magistrates’ Court heard.
After the match, which concluded with a 0-0 draw, Lowe left Hogan’s Bar and ran onto Silver Street in the town centre, joining around 300 other England fans.
Tim Williamson, for Lowe, told the court trouble started after Lowe, of Buckingham Road, Conisbrough, was hit by a member of the crowd as he was enjoying the festivities while sitting on a friend’s shoulders.
The court heard the 22-year-old electrician jumped down, grabbed the person who had hit him and ‘threw him to the floor,’ where he was seen to punch the man three or four times before police intervened.
Mr Williamson said: “My client retaliated to being assaulted and admits he let things get out of hand.”
The court heard at the time of the assault, which was captured on CCTV, Lowe was the subject of a five year football prevention order.
The ban prohibits him from attending any football match in the world or from creating any disorder relating to football.
The order was enforced in October last year.
The order was enforced in October. Prior to that, Lowe had also been handed a three year banning order in 2012 for criminality relating to football when he was a teenager. He appeared in court in 2014 for breaching that order.
On Tuesday, Lowe admitted one count of breaching an order and assault.
Mr Williamson said: “The defendant pleaded guilty at the first opportunity. He has been trying to remove himself from the groups of Doncaster Rovers fans causing trouble that he had previously been associated with.” Sentencing, District Judge John Maxwell said: “If I see you in this court again for the same offence I will send you to prison for as long as I possibly can. You have a very unhappy history of creating trouble in relation to football, and you are heading towards a life-long ban.”
Lowe was made the subject of another five year football banning order, as well as a six week curfew.
He was also ordered to pay costs of £85.