THE funeral of murdered schoolgirl Casey-Lyanne Kearney cannot not take place until a second autopsy has been performed, an inquest heard.
Coroner Nicola Mundy said the request for a second post-mortem examination had been made by the legal team representing Hannah Bonser, 26, of Cusworth House, Balby Bridge, who has been charged with Casey’s murder.
Speaking at the inquest opening Ms Mundy said the second autopsy was scheduled to take place on Thursday and Casey’s body could not be released to her family until this had been completed.
The first autopsy revealed the 13-year-old of Rossington died from a single stab wound to the abdomen.
The McAuley Catholic High School pupil died several hours after she was stabbed near Elmfield Park on February 12.
The inquest was adjourned to a date to be fixed.