Court round-up

Scales of Justice
Scales of Justice

The following people have appeared at Doncaster Magistrates Court this week:

n ASKERN: A 28-year-old was fined after failing to make tracks from Doncaster railway station when ordered to by police. Lee Anderson, of Avenue Road, was asked to exit the station and not return for 48 hours due to alcohol-related crime. Anderson pleaded guilty and was fined £100 with £15 costs.

n BENTLEY: A 37-year-old man has been locked up for persistently flouting his ASBO. Jermaine Ambrose Jones, of Botham View, was sentenced to ten weeks after pleading guilty to breaching his ASBO for the 14th time when he used abusive language towards a police officer in St Sepulchre Gate West on February 23.

n DONCASTER: A four-week prison sentence has cut right to the core of a man who admitted stealing a bottle of cider. Michael Ian Morris, 39, of no fixed abode, was given the sentence because magistrates said he would not comply with non-custodial sentences, following the theft from Danum News in High Street on February 23. He also has to pay back £3.79 for the stolen item.

n EDLINGTON: A driver was disqualified for two years after being nearly three times over the drink-drive limit. Paul Jipson, 38, Auburn Road, drove a Vauxhall Corsa along Hall Flat Lane on February 9 despite having 102 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. Jipson admitted the offence and was also slapped with 200 hours unpaid work and ordered to pay £85 costs.

n ROSSINGTON: A man has been slapped with a community order after admitting to beating a woman. Anthony George Bowers, 34, of Tranquil Walk, was given a 12-month supervision order and must pay £100 costs following the offence which happened on December 18.

n TOWN CENTRE: A motorist has been disqualified for six months after being caught driving over the limit. Martin Philip Fox, 44, of Market Road, had his case re-opened after an original conviction on January 17 was quashed last year and his sentence of £165 costs, £300 fine and ten penalty points was set aside on January 18, 2011. He was found guilty of the offence on February 24 of this year when his original sentence was again put in place by the court.