Braidley ran out an impressive winner of the opening Arena Group Nursery of Doncaster’s opening day of the St Leger Festival.
The son of Dylan Thomas went to the front under Ted Durcan before the final furlong before surging three and a quarter lengths clear of Master Carpenter.
On his previous run the colt had been readily beaten in a Newcastle nursery over a mile by Mark Johnston-trained Stars Over The Sea, subsequently last of five in a Listed contest at Haydock on Saturday.
Braidley, a half-brother to smart 10-furlong winner Saphira’s Fire, cost just 11,000gns as a yearling.
The race went to plan as far as Durcan was concerned, he said: “They went hard early and I crept into it slowly, slowly.
“He has a lovely attitude and is a lovely strong horse. He’ll get a mile standing on his head.”
Meanwhile, Willie McKay’s Donny Rover finished seventh.
FIRST RACE RESULT
2pm Arena Group Nursery
1) BRAIDLEY (IRE) (Clarendon Thoroughbred Racing) James Bethell 2-8-11 Ted Durcan  9/1
2) MASTER CARPENTER (IRE) (Links Partnership/Cheveley Park Stud) Rod Millman 2-9-07 Andrea Atzeni  7/1
3) JAZZ (IRE) (Nick Browne, P McNamara, J Napier, J Powell) Charlie Hills h2-9-01 William Buick  9/2jf
4) SUPERSTA (Serrell, Salthouse & Ridge House Stables) Ron Harris 2-8-05 Joe Fanning 
5) FINN CLASS (IRE) (Saif Ali) Michael Bell 2-8-04 Louis Steward (7) 
6) LATENIGHTREQUEST (Middleham Park Racing XVI & Partner) Richard Fahey 2-8-03 Patrick Mathers 
7) DONNY ROVER (IRE) (Willie McKay) David Griffiths p2-8-04 (3lb ow) David Probert 
8) MR CARBONFOOTPRINT (Mel Roberts and Nicola Meese) Richard Fahey 2-8-04 Barry McHugh 
9) STREET FORCE (USA) (Saeed Manana) Clive Brittain b2-9-04 Tom Queally 
10) FAIR RANGER (D Barker) Richard Hannon 2-9-05 Richard Hughes  9/2jf
11) EMAAD (USA) (Hamdan Al Maktoum) Mark Johnston 2-8-05 Paul Hanagan