FIREFIGHTERS were called out to tackle two blazes in Goldthorpe on Monday night.
Crews from Dearne Station were first called out to Straight Lane at 9.50pm when a Vauxhall van went up in flames.
Firefighters took about 20 minutes to put the flames out using hose reels.
It is believed the fire may have been started by a discarded cigarette.
The vehicle was gutted by the blaze.
Another crew from the station were then called to Queen Street at 10pm to reports that a paper bank had been set alight.
They spent 20 minutes tackling the blaze using a single hose reel.
A spokesperson for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said the fire had been started deliberately.