Man risks house fire to save his dogs

0
Have your say

A MAN braved his smoke-filled home to save his two dogs, after a discarded fag end set his sofa alight.

A smoke alarm alerted the man to the blaze at his home at Longfields Crescent, Hoyland, at about 1.30am on Saturday.

The man, in his twenties, received treatment for smoke inhalation by paramedics, after re-entering his house to lead his pets out safely.

A fire spokesman said the blaze was extinguished quickly, but warned that cigarettes should be disposed of safely.