A man had to be rescued by fire crews in an early morning blaze drama.
The man, in his 30s, was carried to safety in the early hours of this morning after his house in Cookson Street, Balby filled with smoke after food left on the stove caught fire.
The householder, one of two brothers living at the address, became trapped in an upstairs bedroom at around 2.30am.
His brother had been alerted to the smoke filling the property by a smoke alarm and managed to escape safely and was out by the time crews from Edlington and Doncaster Fire Stations arrived.
A 999 operator kept the other man on the line for ten minutes, giving him safety advice including closing doors and plugging gaps with bedding until crews could rescue him.
Officers used a ladder to carry the man to safety. Both the men were taken to Doncaster Royal Infirmary for a precautionary check-up for the effects of smoke inhalation.
The fire damage to the property was minimal, with most of the house left severely smokelogged.
* In separate incidents, crews from Doncaster and Edlington dealt with a wheelie bin that had been deliberately set on fire in an alleyway in Gladstone Road, Hexthorpe at about 10am while a small lorry was badly damaged by fire after been set alight on a driveway in Hall Villa Lane, Toll Bar at about 10pm last night. Crews from Adwick Fire Station dealt with the incident.