DCSIMG

Tumble drier starts Doncaster fire

South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue. Picture: Marie Caley D0949MC

South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue. Picture: Marie Caley D0949MC

A faulty tumble drier is believed to have started a fire in a garage in the village of Hickleton, Doncaster, yesterday morning.

Dearne fire crews were called to Doncaster Road around 11.30am and found flames form the garage had spread to an adjacent garage in the block of four.

They spent about an hour dealing with the incident, which was put down as accidental.

Another garage fire in Madam Lane, Barnby Dun, on Friday evening was also said to have been started accidentally.

Doncaster fire crews prevented it spreading from the double brick garage.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page