FIREFIGHTERS were called out to blazes at two properties this weekend.
A man had to go to hospital after suffering smoke inhalation when the flat he was inside in Coniston Road, Mexborough, was on fire in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Crews from Dearne and Edlington dealt with the blaze that was recorded as accidental, a spokesman for the South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said.
Meanwhile, a ground floor flat caught fire in Earlsmere Avenue, Balby, also on Saturday.
The fire spokesman said Edlington and Doncaster firefighters were called to the incident which is believed to have started accidentally via a boiler.
She added that there were no injuries following the 5am blaze.