A Police Constable says officers have focused patrols around a Doncaster playing field where a boy was allegedly sexually assaulted.
The sex attack occurred at Town Fields around 4pm on Thursday, March 17, when the 11-year-old boy was approached by two men who had been playing basketball nearby.
One of the men is said to have become abusive towards the victim before reportedly sexually assaulting him.
PC Mitchel Baldwin, the investigating officer, said patrols have been focused around the Town Fields area following the alleged attack.
He said: “I would like to reassure members of the public that this incident is being treated as a priority and local officers continue to patrol the area.
“This is a busy playing field and a lot of people may have seen the two suspects playing basketball beforehand, or may have even witnessed the incident.
"I would ask people to cast their mind back to that Thursday afternoon and think about whether they could hold any information about the incident."
Following the incident, the two men then ran from the area towards Leger Way.
The alleged offender is described as white, in his 20s, about 6ft tall with short brown hair and is said to have spoken with a foreign accent.
He is believed to have been wearing a black basketball vest with dark jeans. The second man is described as wearing a high-visibility jacket.
Officers are asking anyone who was in the area at that time and saw the two men or what happened to contact police.
Do you have any information about this incident? If you can help, please call 101 quoting incident number 751 of 17 March 2016.
Information can also be passed to Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555111.