A DAD who exploited his relationship with his daughter in a bid to continually verbally abuse his ex-girlfriend has been spared jail.
The man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was instead given a 12 month sentence suspended for two years after pleading guilty to four counts of breaching an indefinite restraining order.
Doncaster Crown Court heard that the 43-year-old from Denaby threatened to damage his ex partner’s windows, launched verbal attacks and forced his way into the home in front of his daughter.
The order, that was imposed in November 2010, was first breached on January 21 when the man found himself at the same pub as his ex-partner whom he had been with for 20 years.
The following breaches happened on February 29, March 20 and March 22 after the man had picked his daughter up from school and had taken her back to his ex’s home.
Prosecuting Michael Rawlingson said his ex-partner was “scared for her safety” following the incidents.
Angela Wrottesley said her client had served 167 days in custody and had had time to think about the impact of his actions.