VILLAGERS are being reminded of the dangers of using Chinese lanterns as part of their New Year celebrations.
Since August fire crews have been called to at least four fires believed to have been caused by Chinese lanterns.
The warning comes from Nottingahmshire Fire Service which serves villages including Bircotes, Oldcotes and Misson.
Station Manager Craig Dooley, said: “These lanterns are made from paper which burns rapidly. Some will disintegrate in the sky. However some might fall still lit, or even completely on fire, that causes us concern.”